How to install Internet Explorer on Android?

Discussion in 'Mobile Application Discussions' started by Jessica, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Jessica New Kid on the Block

Is it possible to install Internet Explorer on an Android device? I know there are better web browsing applications for Android, but the website I need to access only supports IE for logging in.

Will it be possible to install IE on an Android device or is there an application available? I recently searched Google Play but unfortunately I have failed to find the official Internet Explorer app for Android.
  2. dilawer Forum Moderator

No, IE is not available for Android.
  3. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

I read somewhere that Onlive has a Windows 7 Cloud desktop called Onlive Desktop which lets you use Windows 7 on an iPad, or Android by streaming it to your Tablet or Smartphone with the internet.

Windows 7 comes with IE9.
  4. web ninja CrazRoid.com Editor

I don't think you can get IE on Android, although in most cases even though a website states it only supports a certain browser, it is are generally still compatible with some others. I would experiment with a few different browsers and see if one works.
  5. anna_karenina Highly Addictive User

Jessica, can I ask why are you so keen in using IE?
    IMHO this is the worst browser ever.
  6. Jessi BBM Crazy Member

7. Avent Forum Moderator

I would not bother wasting your time with even trying to get IE for Android (I do not think it is possible anyway) surely the already installed application for internet is enough?
  8. IVOXX Let Go My AnDroid

I am thinking she may be a webmaster or blogger, or use a website for publishing that needs IE for logging in and displaying, or some other administration task. Webmaster utility is not available from a lot of "palmtop" class devices.