Best inexpensive Android Tablet under 200 dollars

Discussion in 'Android and Google Play' started by Johnson Yip, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

I think it is the Amazon Kindle Fire which is 199.99 since it has a huge library of Apps, and content you can buy from Amazon.
  2. Shahrier Forum Moderator

Kindle Fire for only 199.99!?

That's an amazing price and will beat out any competitor. I think Android is one of the best companies..
  3. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

Actually, it is 199.00 after I checked Amazon.com . I agree it is a great deal. It is the same price as the 4th Generation iPod Touch 8GB on Amazon.

I read online thar Amazon is getting a lot of pre-orders for the Kindle Fire even though it is not released yet.

I think the Kindle Fire is already beating out all the Android based tablets based on how much Buzz it is getting.

But, it probably won't beat the Apple iPad 2, but I think it would bear the iPod Touch, and iPod Video since it is cheaper and has more features like Flash, Apps, and better performance.
  4. Shahrier Forum Moderator

Apple iPad 2 is complete garbage so I do not know what you are talking about. iPad is very expensive + it lacks features. I don't know why people even buy that garbage.
  5. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

I was reffering to iPad 2 sales which are very strong, and its cult like following which is huge.

I'm not a fan of the Apple iPad as well since it is too expensive, and doesn't even have Flash, USB ports, SD card slots, and a HDMI out which is stupid for a Tablet which is so expensive.

A lot of people buy iPads to be cool, and be part of a group.
  6. Shortie861 I Got The Good Stuff

Really liking the look of the Amazon Kindle Fire and for the price it is I think I may purchase one. I am a big fan of Android since getting my phone so looking forward to seeing a tablet on android.
  7. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

The KOBO Vox can also be a good Android Tablet for someone who lives in Canada or another country like the UK who can't buy an Amazon Kindle Fire.

I like that it has an MicroSD Memory card slot, and is easy to use.
  8. dilawer Forum Moderator

9. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

Those Tablets look pretty good. I like they are using Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) instead of Froyo which is an older version of Android.
  10. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

I'm not sure which is the best budget price Tablet for under 199.99.

I heard Coby, and Viewsonic are pretty good Android tablet brands for under 199.99 dollars like (100-198.99 dollars) by reading some reviews on Amazon. However, most of the Android Tablets which cost less are either using Froyo or Gingerbread which are older versions of Android which are older then Honeycomb, and Ice Cream Sandwich.

But, if you live in the US, you can get an Amazon Kindle Fire, or Barnes and Noble Nook Color for 199.99. In Canada, and other countries you can get the KOBO Vox Tablet ereader which is pretty good for a 199.99 Tablet/ereader if your country does not have the Kindle Fire, or Nook Color.
  11. Marc Forum Administrator

12. Marc Forum Administrator

I've been reading up on Xtex's My Tablet 7 which costs $150. It comes with Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, a 7-inch 800x480 pixel screen resolution, 1.5GHz processor under-clocked to 1GHz (for more battery life), 1GB of RAM, 16GB Storage (expandable up to 32GB with SD card), 2 mega pixel front-facing camera with no camera on the back, full sized USB port, mini USB port and a mini HDMI port that can output 1080p HD videos.

[IMG]

It's a good, cheaper alternative to the Kindle Fire if you want a lower screen resolution and lower battery life, ;)
  13. dilawer Forum Moderator

that MyTablet looks like a rip-off of Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II.
  14. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

I feel most of the tablet cases for cheaper tablets are made by the same company since they all look pretty similar, and they just re-brand the case with a sticker, or custom logos for different Tablet makers.
  15. Marc Forum Administrator

It appears that the Nexus 7 is now the best inexpensive android tablet that's under $200, :eek:

Specs:
    • 7" 800 x 1280 pixel display (~216 ppi pixel display)
    • Quad-core cortex-A9 tegra 3 processor (1.3 GHz)
    • 1GB RAM
    • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
    • 8/16 GB internal storage
  16. web ninja CrazRoid.com Editor

It doesn't appear. It is...
  17. Johnson Yip I Got The Good Stuff

I agree the Google Nexus 7 is the best Tablet for under 200 dollars. Plus, it also comes with 25 dollars of Google Play Credit/Gift card, so the price is about 174.99 if you count the Giftcard as a rebate. I heard somewhere that Transformers: Dark Moon which is Transformers 3 the movie also comes with the Nexus 7 according to http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-dark-of-the-moon-featured-as-free-content-on-the-google-nexus-7-tablet/25197/, and the movie is probably worth about 10-20 dollars.
  18. dilawer Forum Moderator

+1
  19. anna_karenina Highly Addictive User

For the simple fact that Apple is a cool brand...